သူတုိ႔ရဲ႕ အလုပ္ေခၚစာေၾကာ္ျငာကုိ ထပ္ဆင့္ ျဖန္႔ေပးလိုက္ပါတယ္။
၈ လ လုပ္ရမယ္လို႔ ဆုိတယ္။ ေလွ်ာက္လႊာပိတ္ရက္က လာမယ့္ တနဂၤေႏြျဖစ္ပါေၾကာင္း။ (photo - Business Insider)
BBC MEDIA ACTION
TRANSFORMING LIVES THROUGH MEDIA
Title: Media Trainer / Assistant Trainer
Reports To: Senior Trainer
BBC Grade: 7/6
Based: Yangon, Myanmar
Duration: 8 months (renewable). Fixed term contract/attachment.
BBC Media Action uses various forms of media and communications to tackle poverty and contribute to long-term change in some of the world's poorest places. To achieve this, we partner with civil society, local media and governments to:
- Produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
- Strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
BBC Media Action's office in Myanmar opened in January 2013, and it is rapidly growing. Supported
by funds from the UK Department for lnternational Development and other donors, BBC Media Action
delivers training and development for the broadcast sector in Myanmar. Our current and future
training projects are likelyto include radio and TVtraining and coaching, specialised journalist
training, and mobile skills training with journalists and CSOs. We are seeking another Trainer/
Assistant Trdiner from Myanmar to be part of our growing team.
NOTE; The applicant's experience and skills level will determine whether (s)he is considered for the Trainer or Assistant Trainer position.
The Media Trainer/ Assistant Trainer will cdntribute to the design and implementation of BBC Media Action's journalism training throughout Myanmar. With the support of the Senior Trainer and the rest of the team, s/he will help run training and coaching with state and independentjournalists on editorial, genre-specific and technical skills. The team is based in Yangon but the work is likely to involve regular training and coaching in other parts of the country.
- Provide editorial and technical training to support the development of MRTV's news €nd current affairs operations as part of its transition towards a public service broadcaster.
- Work with the training team to plan and deliver workshops for independent media personnel, on a range of technical, editorial and genre-specific skills.
- Support the training team in delivering Lifeline training in Myanmar - to help improve communications in times of humanitarian crisis.
- Ensure training meets BBC standards, and delivers to project objectives and donor requirements. *"
- Support programme-makers to use findings from audience research and feedback to refine and improve programme outputs in response to audience needs.
- Assist with project co-ordination, including work planning, budgets, ensuring health and safety of project staff, and liaising with project donors and partners as required.
- Write and contribute to reports on project implerhentation.
- Support the management team in business development of new projects.
- Travel regularly within Myanmar when necessary and sometimes at short notice.
Essential skills and experience
- Substantialjournalism experience - particularly in producing news and current affairs output.
- Experience working in TV news / current affairs and ideally also radio.
- Video filming and editing skills.
- Experience providing training in journalism and production skills - for Trainer posltion. lf an app/icant has no significant training experience, we would hire them as Assistant Trainer and train them up.
- An understanding of BBC editorial values.
- Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Experience of operating effectively in politically sensitive and fluid environments.
- Considerable patience and resilience, inc. ability to work in remote locations for extended periods.
- Good written and spoken English and Burmese.
Desirable skills and experience
- Skills and interest in technical areas, including video filming and editing, mobile phone skills
- Additional experience in print and online media.
- Experience working in the development sector.
- An understanding of the role of communications in development.
Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
- lnfluencing and Persuading: Ability to present sound / well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
- Managing Relationships: Capacity for team-working, and building effective working relationships with a range of people from different backgrounds.
- Communication: Ability to get one's message understood clearly through multiple techniques.
- lmagination/Creative Thinking: An aptitude for looking at existing situations and problems in novel ways and coming up with creative solutions.
- Planning and Organising: Ability to prioritise and plan activities, taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines, staffing and resources requirements.
- Flexibility: Ability to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change.
Please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th November. Applications should include the following documents only:
1) Your CV
2)A cover letter providing evidence that you have the skills and experience required -,
Shortlisted candidates onlywill be contacted within 7 days of the deadline and may be asked to send copies of their radio/ TV work. Shortlisted candidates must be available for interview between 7th and 14th December. For further information, please contact BBC Media Action at 01 54 54 55.
Application Deadline: 29th November